7.2 Using an External Provider

Home » 7.2 Using an External Provider

If an off-site trip involves an external provider (e.g. outdoor activity provider, residential centre), the Visit Leader should establish the level of insurance provided by their own employer in order to determine whether additional insurance is required.

Service providers such as transport operators are all subject to regulation and inspection and Visit Leaders can use them in the same way any member of the public would without the need to check insurance.

The Visit Leader should consult their own local authority to confirm requirements.

Scroll to Top